Saturday, October 29, 2016

Waiting on the Lord

I wait.
For a sign or reason--
some kind of push.

I wait.
For a hope or joy,
or a small breath behind me.

But I am still weak,
I am still doubting,
I am still scared
of things crashing around me.

Is this really the spot You want me to be?
Is courage the wrong thing to say that I need?

So here I am crying,
But turning to You.
Not knowing the answers,
But knowing You do.

Learning to trust
with the weight still upon me.
Learning to walk
while it's still dark and cloudy.

Learning to hope
when it's all still a strain.
Knowing You love me
That You know my frame.

Nothing is easy
right here in this place.
Here where I must
simply cry out for grace.

Trust through the pain.
Faith while it rains.
Here while I'm waiting,
for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment