Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Seen

Sometimes I wonder,
What do You see?
When You look at my heart,
And examine me.

Do You see the confusion--
Soiled efforts to understand;
When I want to control,
But I can’t trace Your hand?

Do You see all the darkness--
There, still alive;
My evil desires,
That inside of me fight?

Do You see the self-pity--
My worst attitude;
Thoughts of despair
When I don’t hope in You?

Do You see my feet wander--
Back to those old ties;
To worship my idols,
And feast on my lies?

Do You see my attempts--
To hide from Your Light;
To isolate, hide, and withdraw
From what’s right?

Do You see me Father?
Have You set Your love upon this sinner?

Yes, You have loved me.
You love me still.

By Your blood You atone;
You have redeemed me.
Bought back and precious--
And that’s what You see.

No comments:

Post a Comment